The Riverside Historical Society supports, encourages, and provides historical education and preservation for the Riverside community.
For more than 100 years, the Riverside Historical Society (and its predecessor, the Pioneer Historical Society of Riverside), have brought together citizens dedicated to learning about our local history and to preserve a record of it for future generations.
The Society meets for a local history related program on the last Sunday in January, and then the first Sundays of April, June, October, and December (we are dark in the summer) of each year. Anyone with an interest in Riverside's history is eagerly encouraged to join us. Please click on the "Programs" button for a listing of our upcoming public programs. If you'd like to join the Society, please click on the "Join Us" button, fill out the form, and send it in. All are welcome!!
Mission of the Journal of the Riverside Historical Society
• To publish carefully researched and documented articles of broad popular appeal relating to Riverside personalities, events, and institutions of the past.
• To publish personal accounts by witnesses of or participants in significant past events. These are to be derived both from manuscripts and from planned oral history interviews.
• To encourage both established and new historians to research and publish articles on previously unexplored aspects of Riverside’s history.
• To foster among Riverside’s newer residents a lively interest in Riverside’s history and an active concern for Riverside’s historic resources.
• To increase participation in Riverside Historical Society membership and activities among the publication’s readers.
• Adopted byHistorical Society BoardMarch 1996
Pay by Mail
Memberships are paid every year. You may send a check payable to
Riverside Historical Society and mail to:
Riverside Historical Society
P.O. Box 246
Riverside, CA 92502-0246